Steve is no stranger to the construction industry; he learned a lot from working with his father who was an entrepreneur. Over the years, he has used his knowledge to renovate his own home and take on many home improvement projects. Having spent more than 20 years in the restaurant and bar industry, Steve knows how important customer service is. When dealing with clients, he uses his ability to communicate easily and aims to deliver a great experience from start to finish. Having studied the geography of the environment at university, he understands the real powers of Mother Nature on your homes and looks forward to helping guests to have better energy comfort related to good attic insulation.
Steve enjoys meeting with homeowners and helping them solve their attic problems.
In his spare time, Steve plays hockey, cooking, and spending time with his family and dogs.
Mrs. Hanley had an attic that wasn't enough insulated. There were less than 10 in. of cellulose fibers in her attic which was equivalent to an R-38 value. The air circulation was almost non-existent which made the attic very humid.
Remove the cellulose, seal air leaks on the attic floor such as seams and holes with our polyurethane foam, add ventilation mats to improve air circulation, and then blow a little over 16" of cellulose fibers.
Ms. Doucet contacted Système Econergie, because she had problems with ice dams on her roof in winter. This is due to the poor insulation of the attic and unclogged air leaks.
To solve this problem, we removed our customer’s old insulation to seal all air leaks (seal joints, holes etc) with our expanded foam. And then we insulated the access hatch with our SilverGlo to finally blow just over 16”of cellulose fiber insulation all over the attic floor.
The problem: This client from Brossard had an attic that was not insulated well. It had old fiberglass and it wasn't optimal for this attic. Also, the client was feeling that his rooms upstairs were not comfortable. During winter they were cold and in the summer they were really hot. Something not right was happening in this attic.
The solution: We remove all the old isolation, after this, we seal off all cracks that happen to leaks air with expandable foam. After, we blown over 16 inches of cellulose to achieve R60 of value.